Sunday, December 3, 2023

Sending Cheer Projects - not just Christmas!

Happy Sunday Crafty Friends!

I'm tired from our little day trip to NYC yesterday, but I'm happy to get this blog post up for you all.  Short version of NYC trip:  way too many people, too many stairs for my knees, we're not good with maps, subways smell like pee, and going on a weekend was probably the worst time to go.   :)  

I used the Sending Cheer bundle this past Thursday night.  My goal was to give you some different ideas - not all Christmas, since there are plenty of those out there!  

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


NOTE that the Sending Cheer stamps and dies are 40% off right now, when you order them separately.  They are part of the Last Chance list, but I didn't realize they are on sale.  Last Chance  items are always while supplies last.


Even though I was trying for non-Christmas ideas, I just HAD to start off with the Gingerbread cookie and make a wobble card!  Wobble cards are SO fun.  These are the ones that I purchased from Amazon a couple of years ago:  https://amzn.to/47FR21o  I've also seen smaller packs in Joann's and sometimes Michael's.

I started off by ink-blending some Crumb Cake in the center of this Crumb Cake panel.  Just to give it a landing spot.  Stamp and die-cut your gingerbread cookie,   Then I guestimated where I would attach Ginger and stamped some of the little stars in the set, just for accents.

Attach Ginger with a wobble, and add the greeting.


Paper measurements:
  • Pecan Pie:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2”, scored and folded in half at 4 1/4”
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Crumb Cake:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  scraps to stamp and cut out gingerbread and greeting
I added a few Speckled Dots - which are apparently no longer available now.  :(

Stamps:  Sending Cheer bundle
Ink:  Pecan Pie, Crumb Cake, Sweet Sorbet
Paper:  Pecan Pie, Crumb Cake, Basic White
Other:  Speckled Dots, Wobble (see link above for where I got mine)

The purpose of my second card was to show you how to make a background using one of the stamps (the present).  I used Tahitian Tide to make my background.  Stamped full strength, then turn the stamp around and stamp again (second generation).  Stamp your images like a puzzle to fill the whole background.  This could be really effective with some bolder color choices...not just the monotone that I did here.  Maybe red and black?  Blue and gold?  Pink and green?  Orange and blue?  Have fun with this idea!

After I made my background, I stamped a few snowflakes on top using Starry Sky ink.

I also showed how to selectively ink up a stamp to get a partial image.  The "warm" from this greeting is actually from Ringed with Nature "warmth & love".  Just be very careful inking up your stamp.


Paper measurements:
  • Tahitian Tide:  5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4” x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Starry Sky:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  3 13/16" x 5 1/16"
  • Starry Sky/Basic White:  scraps to stamp/cut out greeting
I added some Glitter Sequins to finish off.  Once again - these are also on the Last Chance list, so get some while you can, if you want them!

Stamps:  Sending Cheer, More Wishes, Ringed with Nature
Ink:  Tahitian Tide, Starry Sky
Paper:  Tahitian Tide, Starry Sky, Basic White
Other:  Glittered Sequins, Postage stamp punch (retired)

The last thing I made is a Joy Fold Card Valentine.  Too early?  Probably!  But, it's a different idea with this bundle.  I used magnets to close this card.  These are the ones that I use all the time.  https://amzn.to/4a6XxMo  When I bought them, this 200-pack was the best deal.  

Designer series paper in the background is from the Stargazing pack!  It had the colors that I wanted, so why not use it?

I think the best idea with this card was inking up the "LOVE" with two colors.  Good thing these are photopolymer stamps, so you can see through.  I started off inking the top half of the stamp with Bubble Bath ink.  Then carefully ink the bottom half with Berry Burst.  Use an ink blending brush to tap the middle, so it softens up that ink and blends the colors a little bit.  Give it a try - always ink up your lightest ink color FIRST.  Less risk of contaminating your ink pads this way.


Paper measurements:
  • Berry Burst:  4 1/4” x 8 1/4”, scored at 5 1/2"  The 8 1/4 is intentional.  I normally cut my Joy Fold cards differently, but I wasn't paying attention and this is what I ended up with.  Finished size is still 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
  • Stargazing Designer Series paper:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Berry Burst:  2 1/2" x 4", embossed with Basics #3 folder
  • Berry Burst:  3" x 8"
  • Basic White:  (2) 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
  • Berry Burst:  scrap to stamp and hand-cut love letter
  • Bubble Bath:  scraps to die-cut little hearts
Picture of the Joy fold opened -


I did hit the little Bubble Bath hearts with Clear Wink of Stella...but you can't tell from the pictures.  Finish with a few Basic Rhinestones.

Stamps:  Sending Cheer bundle, More Wishes
Ink:   Bubble Bath, Berry Burst
Paper:  Berry Burst, Basic White, Stargazing Designer Series paper
Other:  Basics #3 embossing folder, Basic Rhinestones

This coming Thursday - December Virtual Workshop airs on 12/7/2023.  I'll be working with the Sparkling Snowflakes stamps to give you some winter-themed ideas!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #sendingcheer

Gift certificates available anytime!



No comments:

Post a Comment