Monday, May 1, 2023

Craft Roulette Challenge #161 - Lady with a Hat

Why am I up so late???  It's just after midnight, and I'm tired...but I just had to get this post finished.  My card for this week's Craft Roulette Challenge did not end up the same as my initial plans.  Sometimes that happens, and it's neither good nor bad.  :)

I also made a process video this week.  Link is further down in this post.

Find Craft Roulette on YouTube @CraftRoulette and play along when you can! 

Episode #161 parameters, and how I met them:
  • Project:  Dutch Door - the front of my card has the top half-ish cut off
  • Colors:  Campfire -yellow, orange, black
  • Element: Hat(s) or Cap(s) - the lady has a hat on
  • Random: Book Page - I added some ripped up strips from a book page

Paper Measurements:
  • Basic Gray:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Basic Black:  3 3/4" x 5"
  • Basic White:  3 3/4" x 5", for inside of card
  • Happy Forest Friends Designer Series Paper:  3 9/16" x 4 13/16"
  • Basic White/Basic Gray:  scraps to stamp/cut lady and greeting

I started with the book page.  Crinkled it up, glued it on to my designer paper then ink-blended some yellow and orange inks all over.  Ink the edges with Black, before mounting to the black cardstock.

The lady is pretty straight forward.  Stamp and color her in.  Cut her out, pop up near the bottom of the page.  Add the greeting and some gems.

Watch my process video if you'd like!



Stamps:  She Used to Care (Unity Stamp Co.)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Basic White, Happy Forest Friends designer series papers
Other:  Milky Dots, Stampin' Blends (Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Petal Pink, Smoky Slate)

We'll see what this Friday brings us, as far as interesting parameters!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #craftroulettechallenge #craftroulettelive

Gift certificates available anytime

No comments:

Post a Comment