Saturday, March 25, 2023

Texture Chic Memories & More Projects - cards and a Mini Album

Hi Crafty Friends!

Thursday night, I featured the Texture Chic Memories and More Cards, and the cards/envelopes that go with them.  I love these pre-printed cards, and wanted to take the time to show you how you can make very simple cards, step them up a little bit, use the cards as part of other cards, and finally - how to make a mini book/journal using three of the envelopes!

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


The first couple of cards are made using JUST the cards and envelopes, and layering some of the 3" x 4" and 4" x 6" cards from the pack.  I popped up a layer, and added some embellishments. No stamping, no other layering.  Very simple - but still very nice cards.  

I figured out after the fact that I'm not doing such a great job lining up my layers squarely.  Doh!


These simple cards let you get a little bit creative, with minimal work.


Next, I added a few layers of cardstock, did some embossing, and hand-cut some elements to add interest.  Minimal stamping.  Add some doo-dads to each card.  


I hand-cut the corner leaves from a Memories and More card, and popped them up in the corners.  It adds a little bit more interest to the card.


Then I used one of the 3" x 4" cards as the focal point of a card.  No pre-printed card base this time.  I used Soft Suede, and an embossed layer for a tone-on-tone look.  Cut a layer of Soft Suede to mat the Memories and More card with, and popped that up.  Finished off with some Flower embellishments.  Still no stamping!


Paper measurements:
  • Soft Suede:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Soft Suede:  4" x 5 1/4", embossed with Timber folder
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4", for inside of card
  • Soft Suede: 3 1/8" x 4 1/8"

My last project was making a Mini Album using (3) of the pre-printed envelopes, and adding (1) of the pre-printed card bases as an insert.  I also added an extra page on a hinge inside, and two pockets to the front and back inside covers.  You'll need to watch the video for assembly of the mini book.

Inside front cover shows the pocket and added page in Gray Granite.  I can add designer series paper, pictures, and/or journaling to this page.


This is the pre-printed card base slid into the first pocket.  You can decorate the front of this, and add pictures and/or journaling to the other 3 sides.


I intend to cover up the words here (since they go the wrong direction) with a picture, so this will effectively be just a photo mat.


I hope this gives you a few ideas for using the Memories and More Cards.  I can't resist buying them.  NOTE:  They will PROBABLY be discounted when the Retirement list comes out....maybe April 1st?  Stay tuned!  I say probably because I think they've been discounted every time so far.

Next Thursday is my anniversary, so I will be doing my Live video on Wednesday, March 29th!  Still at 8:00pm ET.  I'll be working with the Sea Turtle stamp set, and will have COLOR CHANGE Announcements!  Hope you can join me!

Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of how you can get a Make-n-Take packet for this month's workshop, featuring the Queen Bee Bundle.


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #texturechicmemoriesandmorecards

Gift certificates available anytime!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment