Friday, July 29, 2022

Abigail Rose 5-pocket Card/Mini Book Project

Hello Crafty Peeps!

Thanks for hanging out with me tonight!   I absolutely love the project that I shared tonight.  This little thing can be used as a card with several notes inside, hold gift cards, add pictures, store or mail ephemera/happy mail to a friend, send flat-ish treats (paper or candy) to a someone, tea bags, drink mixes, lots of things!  Finished size is 4" x 6", and we make the base using an entire sheet of 12" x 12" designer series paper.

Just a reminder that I am generally Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.  


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.



There are only (4) score marks that you need to make, and (1) cut.  Here's a picture of the pattern that I drew out -

Dotted lines are scoring, solid line is cutting.

The 2" flaps fold up to make pockets, and then the middle area gets glued together to make the 5th pocket.

I cut (4) pieces of different color cardstock 3 3/4" x 5", for the inserts.  You can journal on these, add pictures to both/one side, doll them up in any way you want.

Notice that I cut the very middle out - at the center fold.  That helps the pockets lay flat.  If you do not cut it (like I did in my prototype), all that paper at the seam doesn't have anywhere to go.  It wrinkles and buckles.



This picture shows the booklet that I put in the center pocket.  It's 3 1/4" x 11" piece of Crumb Cake, scored at 5 1/2".

 
Let's look at the cover again, so you can see closer.  Tie the Pale Papaya Open Weave ribbon around the mini book first, secure with some tape/glue.

Then I cut the corner flower bunch out of one of the sheets of Abigail Rose dsp.  Color in with various Stampin' Blends markers.  Color over all of the flowers with Clear Wink of Stella.


Stamp the greeting on Very Vanilla, and punch out with the Lasting Label punch.  Punch is popped up.

Finished off with several of the Petal Pink gems from the Elegant Faceted Gems pack.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Beauty of Friendship
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Petal Pink, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Abigail Rose Designer Series paper
Other:  Lasting Label punch, Pale Papaya 3/8" Open Weave ribbon, Stampin' Blends (Petal Pink, Pale Papaya, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Soft Seafoam, Mint Macaraon), Elegant Faceted Gems, Clear Wink of Stella marker

Now to figure out what I will put inside, and who I will give it to!

Be sure to check all the details about my Workshop of the Month for ordering and FREEBIE info!  Next Thursday (August 4th), I'll be sharing my August Workshop which focuses on the Season of Chic bundle.


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #fivepocketcard #fivepocketminialbum #minibook

Gift certificates available anytime!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment