Saturday, February 12, 2022

Craft Roulette #98 Challenge - Rose Tag card

I think this is my 11th submission for the weekly Craft Roulette Challenge.  Mary Gunn Funn is live on YouTube every Friday night, so find her over there.  It's a great show, and the card parameters are determined by the spin of a wheel.  It's always FUNN to watch

I was happy to be able to make this card LAST WEEK, and then did not get time to post it until now.  :(  I'm really excited about last night's challenge, and hope I can find the time to make something before Sunday night!

Back to last week's challenge. 

The parameters were:
  • Project:  Pocket with a tag.   I decided to make a full card, and add a pocket to the front of it.
  • Colors:  Complements + 1.  Magenta Madness and Just Jade, plus Blushing Bride.
  • Element: XOXO.   Paper Pumpkin to the rescue!  I used January's kit to stamp that background.
  • Random: Fancy circle(s).  I layered 3 circles, and embossed the Melon Mambo layer with the Macrame folder.


Paper measurements  (I have to guess at some of these, because I've already mailed it off!):
  • Melon Mambo:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  Scored in half at 4 1/4"
  • Melon Mambo:  4" x 4", embossed with Macrame folder, then cut in half diagonally.
  • Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4" (for inside of the card)
  • Just Jade:  2" x 3 1/2"
  • Just Jade Designer Series Paper:  scrap glued across tag.
  • Basic White:  enough to stamp that flower bunch
  • Just Jade:  2 1/4" circle
  • Melon Mambo:  2" circle
  • Blushing Bride:  1 3/4" circle

Looks like I also put a vellum doily on the tag also, underneath the hand-cut flowers.  I watercolored those flowers.  I smash a clear block on my ink pad to make a palette, then pick up the color with a water brush.  Once that dried, I ran the Clear Wink of Stella over the flowers and leaves...all of it, really.


I tied some gauzy ribbon and Linen thread to the top of the tag, and finished off with some Pearls.  I haven' tused regular pearls in a long time, it seems, so I figured why not?!

Find Craft Roulette on YouTube and subscribe - I think you'll like it!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Ranunculous Romance, Happy & Heartfelt
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake, Just Jade
Paper: Melon Mambo, Just Jade, Blushing Bride, Basic White, Just Jade/In Color Designer series paper
Other:  Tailor Made Tags dies, Macrame embossing folder, 2"/2 1/4"/1 3/4" circle punches, Vellum doilies, Linen thread, Vanilla gauze trim, Clear Wink of Stella marker, Basic Pearls

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #craftroulette #craftroulettelive

Gift certificates available anytime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment