Saturday, January 29, 2022

Year of the Tiger!

Hello Crafty Peeps!

If you can hear Survivor singing "Eye of the Tiger" in your head now...then you and I should be friends!  It's YEAR of the Tiger, starting on February 1st, but that song is playing in my mind.  You're welcome.  :)

I hope you enjoy my tiger-themed projects.  You may notice that I do NOT have a tiger stamp.  Nor do I have any dies.  What I do have is the In the Wild Designer Series paper pack - and that has plenty of tigers!   

Just a reminder that I am Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


Let's start with the first project.  This is a really cool card design called a Screen Divider card.  Imagine the fancy decorative screens that people used to have in their houses.  Mine is on the short side - it all depends on your paper measurements.   My card base is 4 1/4" x 11".  The key is you want to divide and score your base into 4 equal panels.  OR, you could make a 3-panel screen if you want...give it a try.  Just make sure they are even.

I scored my Evening Evergreen base at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", and 8 1/4".  Folded up, this card will fit in a medium envelope.


Use a punch to make the fancy legs of the screen panels.  I used the Lovely Label punch.

Here's a closer view of the first two panels.  The only stamping I'm doing is embossing the greeting bits.  Everything else is relying on the beauty of the designer series papers.  


Closer look at the last two panels.  I didn't leave a whole lot of room for writing.  You could certainly add another piece of Basic White to the back for more writing.  I did cut that teeny tiger out of one of the dsp prints, and glued him flat onto the panel.


Paper measurements:
  • Evening Evergreen: 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", and 8 1/4"
  • Basic Black panels:  2 1/2" x 3" (4)
  • In the Wild Designer Series paper panels:  2 1/4" x 2 3/4" (3 prints)
  • Basic White: 2 1/4" x 2 3/4"

Notice that I finished it some Gilded Gems, and Garden Gems.

Stamps:  Art in Bloom, Flowers of Friendship, Free as a Bird
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Versamark
Paper:  Evening Evergreen, Basic Black, Basic White, In the Wild designer series papers
Other:  Tasteful Labels dies, Ornate Frames dies, Lovely Label punch, White embossing powder, Gilded Gems, Garden Gems.

Next project was a card, featuring a large cut-out tiger.  Normally, I would have taped the tiger onto Basic White first and then cut out...just to make it sturdier.  But I forgot this time.  Whoopsie!

Again, my focus is on using the In the Wild papers.  I cut several patterns into 1/2" strips.  Tape them down to a piece of Basic White.  I had half of the strips going in one diagonal direction, and then the other half going perpendicular.


Stamp the Biggest Wish greeting on the die-cut, and then layer on to some Basic Black.   I stamped both of the words towards the left side of the die cut, so that I could add the tiger over top.

Paper measurements:
  • Cajun Craze:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Basic Black:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4" (for inside of card)
  • Basic White:  3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
  • Basic White:  2 3/8" x 3 3/4", cut with Stitched Rectangles die
  • Basic Black:  enough to layer that die-cut.  I eyeballed it, which is not normal for me.
Finished with several Gilded Gems.

Stamps:  Biggest Wish
Ink:  Evening Evergreen, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Basic White, In the Wild designer series paper
Other:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Gilded Gems

For my third project, I've made a tag.  Now, this can be a tag to put inside a journal, to add pictures and/or writing.  It can be a real tag, to hang off of a gift bag.  It can be a card - just write on it, and send it to someone.  It can be a bookmark, for those that still buy physical books.  Lots of possibilities!  I may just sit it up on my desk and look at it for a while, because it's pretty!

Tag base is 4" x 6".  I think I messed up in my video and said it's 3" x 6"...lies!  4" x 6".  Then I just layered some more card stock, and a few pieces of the In the Wild papers again.  I did not cut out any tigers this time.  I focused on adding a sentiment, stapled on some ribbon and added some gems.

Start by glueing the designer series papers to the Crushed Curry layer.  The measurements are not exact, so glue down the bottom print first, then the top print.  Then the middle print will overlap both of those, just a teensy bit.


Paper measurements:
  • Cajun Craze:  4" x 6"
  • Basic Black:  3 3/4" x 5 3/4"
  • Crushed Curry:  3 5/8" x 5 5/8"
  • In the Wild Designer Series papers:  3 1/2" x 1 7/8" (3 prints)
  • Basic White: 2 1/4" x 2 1/2", cut with Tasteful Labels dies
After you glue all your layers together, staple on some ribbon to the top.  You could certainly punch a hole and fish the ribbon through if you wanted.

I stamped my greeting in Black and then ink-blended some Evening Evergreen around the edges.

Finish off with some more Gilded Gems.

Stamps:  Beauty of Friendship
Ink:  Evening Evergreen.  Onyx Versafine
Paper:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Daffodil Afternoon designer series paper
Other:  Tasteful Labels dies, Evening Evergreen 3/8" Chevron Weave ribbon, Gold 3/8" ribbon,  Gilded Gems

Roar!!!  I hope you enjoyed these Year of the Tiger projects.  Now you can see how much you really can do with just some designer papers, and various greetings.  

Don't forget about my Workshop of the Month page for full details of this month's offer - which ends this Monday, 1/31/2022 at 9:00pm ET!  I'm giving away the In the Moment stamp set - winner will be drawn from everyone who orders using the Workshop Code this month.


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #yearofthetiger #inthewild

Gift certificates available anytime!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment