Saturday, September 18, 2021

Z-Fold Slimline Cards - Regular AND Mini!

Welcome back Crafty friends!  I really missed bringing you these card ideas last week, but I'm glad to be back.  This week, I'm re-visiting my Z-Fold Slimline techniques.  I originally made a video showing how to make these Z-Fold Slimlines (regular slimline) back in July 2020.  Well....I recently came across that video and it's terrible!!!  The camera was too close, things aren't in focus...all I can say is that I was still pretty new at making the videos.  I also had not figured out how to edit anything at that time.  I've made plenty of improvements over the past year!

Since I decided to have a do-over with the Z-Fold Slimline cards, I thought I'd add in Z-Fold MINI Slims!!!  Why not? They're cute!  Let's get started...

Just a reminder that I go Live on my Facebook Page every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.


If you were not able to catch me live, you can still watch it on YouTube!  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.



You're still going to need to watch the video to see the cutting part - but the principal is the same for both cards.

I started off with the Z-Fold Slimline.  Finished size of this one is 3 5/8" x 10 7/8".  It uses an entire sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" card stock.  If you are wondering why did I bother cutting that 1/8" off the end?  Because of the math, I really need all 3 panels to be the same or it will drive me crazy.  :)


Paper measurements:
  • Night of Navy: 8 1/2" x 10 7/8", scored at 3 5/8", and 7 1/4".
  • Basic White: 3 1/4" x 8 1/4"
  • In Good Taste Designer Series Paper: 1 3/4" x 3 1/2"
  • Basic White: scraps to stamp and die cut sail boats
  • Crumb Cake: scrap to stamp and die cut greeting
  • Gold Metallic: scrap to die cut steering wheel

When you make the angle cut, save the left over piece of Night of Navy and emboss it with the Bark folder.  It looks like it could be water waves to me.  

Stamp the anchors all over the middle panel.  Then stamp anchors, compass, and rope on the Basic White panel for the last panel.  I ink blended the edges with Crumb Cake, then gave it a few swipes all over to make it less stark.

The very front panel is just a matter of gluing down layers, and then I laid down some Linen Thread.  Stamp and die-cut sail boats, greeting, and steering wheel and then pop them all up.  Finish off with some Elegant Faceted Gems.


Stamps: Sailing Home
Ink: Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Paper:  Night of Navy, Basic White, In Good Taste designer series paper, Gold Metallic
Other:  Bark embossing folder, Smooth Sailing dies, Linen Thread, Elegant Faceted Gems

Now let's move on to a MINI Z-Fold Slimline!  I made a Halloween card, because these Cute Halloween papers are TOO CUTE.  The finished card size for this one is 3 1/4" x 6 1/4".


Paper measurements:
  • Highland Heather: 6 1/4" x 9 3/4", scored at 3 1/4", and 6 1/2".
  • Basic White: 3" x 6"
  • Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper: 3" x 6", plus cut out some ghouls and a mini tombstone
  • Highland Heather: 3" x 1 1/2", embossed with Hammered Metal folder
  • Smoky Slate:  scraps to die-cut frame and "tombstones"

When I cut the angle on the Mini Z-fold, I saved that extra bit and stamped bats all over it for the front of my card.  Glue that down, and add the embossed piece of Highland Heather to the front.  If you want to tie that Gingham ribbon around the entire layer, do it before you glue anything down.  (On the card I made IN the video, I didn't tie around this whole thing.  I just added a knot of the ribbon with a glue dot.)  

I only put glue on 3 sides of that bit, so that it would make a pocket - then I could slide that "trick or treat" tombstone down as far as I wanted.  Cut out your ghouls and add the rest of your bits with glue and Stampin' Dimensionals.  I covered the Ghouls faces with Wink of Stella.

I stamped the Basic White panel with bats and spider webs all around the edges.  Then add that piece of Cute Halloween designer series paper to the middle panel.  I do show you how I get that angle cut to match in the video.


Stamps: Banner Year, Little Delights
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento, Highland Heather
Paper:  Highland Heather, Smoky Slate, Basic White
Other:  Hammered Metal embossing folder, Ornate Frames dies, Wink of Stella pen, Black & White Gingham ribbon, Cute Stars Adhesive Sequins.


I really hope you LOVE these Z-Fold Slimline cards as much as I do!  I'm working on some Four Fold Cards for next week - two different sizes (4 1/4" x 5 1/2", and 5" x 7"), so please join me for that.  I'm very excited about those!
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram *NEWish*:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #tonistampsandmore

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment