Thursday, September 24, 2020

Halloween Decor - Paper Shadow Box

  
 
I love this little project!  It really didn't take a long time to make - just under an hour.  I built a little Halloween scene inside my paper shadow box.  It's a cute little decor item to display.  You could change this up for ANY holiday or occasion!  
 
If you didn't catch me live, you can view it here on Facebook, or on YouTube.  If the picture below does not appear, you can click HERE to get to it.
 

 
I don't have written instructions for making the paper frame itself, and it's not my original idea - so you'll really have to watch the video for that part.
 
As far as building my Halloween scene, I started with my "tombstones".  I used both of the label dies from the Halloween Magic dies to make them.  I cut the bottoms off, so they look like the tombstones.  
 

Sorry this picture isn't perfectly clear, but you get the idea.  I wiped my Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad across the largest tombstone to give it some texture.  On the smaller one, I stamped and embossed the label image.  Emboss the greeting, and layered that on to the Basic Black scallop, and build all that up with lots of dimensionals and foam tape.
 
The bats are all die-cut from Black Glitter paper, and built up with several layers of dimensionals as well. 

Add some Iridescent Pearls on the background, and then I finished it off by wrapping some of the Magic Mesh ribbon around and tied a bow in the corner.

Can't you just see making these for every season?  Or even with a name spelled out, for someone's room?  Lots of possibilities!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Hallows Night Magic bundle (stamps and dies)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Paper: Basic Black (12x12 textured), Basic Grey, Magic in this Night dsp, Black Glitter paper
Other:  Tasteful Labels dies, Magic Mesh ribbon, Iridescent Pearls

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment