Thursday, April 30, 2020

Someone I know is turning 99 very soon!


My friend's Grandmother will turn 99 in less than two weeks, so I made this card for her.  It really took a different turn mid-way through making it, but I still like it.  :)

I used the To a Wild Rose stamp set along with a favorite retired set, Number of Years (with matching dies).  I've gotten a lot of mileage out of those number stamps and dies1

I embossed everything in Antique Gold, which I got from Simon Says Stamp.  I like the shade, especially when I paired it with the Rococo Rose.

You may notice a little bit of stenciling on the Lots of Labels die cut - behind the 99.  I sponged Rococo Rose ink on the same color card stock, using one of the Basic Pattern Decorative Mask stencils.  There are four stencils in that pack.


The doily was actually HALF of a doily that I had left over from another project.  I had inked it up with some Tim Holtz Antique Linen ink - I like that old lace color it gives. 

The card is 5" x 7", so I had plenty of room to decorate with these large-ish flowers.

I wanted a pretty envelope to match, so I made one!


Happy 99th Maxine!  I hope you have a nice celebration!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: To a Wild Rose, Number of Years
Ink: Versamark, Rococo Rose, Pear Pizzazz, Antique Linen (Tim Holtz)
Paper: Rococo Rose, Very Vanilla, birds designer paper (don't remember which pack that came from)
Other: Lots of Labels dies, Large Numbers dies, doily, Antique Gold embossing powder (Simon Says Stamp), Pearls.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment