Saturday, February 24, 2018

New Polished Stone - rustic colors

I can't stand how cool this card turned out!  This background piece was a test run for my Beautiful Backgrounds class.  I used Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, and Real Red reinkers, along with some Gold Wink of Stella pen.

Dawn Olchefske put together a great set of instructions with pictures.  I'm not going to reinvent the wheel, so here is a link to her tutorial.  She calls it Ink Blending with a Twist.  It truly reminds me of the old polished stone techniques, except that we're not doing it on a cottonball.  You're putting everything down on a silicone craft sheet, and then putting your Glossy card stock face down onto the inks.

I made the background piece first, and let it dry over night.

Here is a close-up shot.  See a speckled pattern in the gold bits?  That's from my paper towel!  I had some pockets of ink that were out of control, so I tried to blot them up, and got this pattern.  I love it though!  


I stamped the cowboy boots on Very Vanilla, and colored them in with markers.  I used the same colors that I used for the background - Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, and Real Red.  I hand-cut the boots after I colored them in.

Stamp the words on a strip of Very Vanilla, and hand-cut the angles on the ends.  I laid down the 5/8" Burlap ribbon on some Sticky Strip, then layered the greeting on top of that with a lot of glue dots.  Popped the boots up with Stampin' Dimensionals, and added some Gold Metallic Enamel stars. 

I love this technique, and will be making some more color combinations very soon.  I need to order more Wink of Stella pens!

Stampin' Up supplies that you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Country Livin', Dragonfly Dreams
Ink:  Early Espresso, Basic Black Archival
Paper:  Real Red, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Glossy
Other:  Reinkers (Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Real Red), Stampin' Markers (Neutrals and Brights), Metallic Enamel Shapes, 5/8" Burlap ribbon, Stampin' Spritz bottle filled with rubbing alcohol, Stampin' Silicone Sheet, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment