Thursday, August 10, 2017

Color Theory Memories & More - August cards

I had the bright idea - LAST YEAR - to take one of the packs of Project Life cards and turn them into actual cards.  So I got one or two of the card packs, and then...drum roll....none of that ever happened.  :)  Story of my craft life.  Long wish lists of projects to make, and not enough time to get it all done.

Now I have a second chance with the new Annual Catalog!  I purchased the Color Theory Memories & More Card Pack on my first order, and I'm actually doing it this year.  I've divided the pack of 72 cards into 10 groups. My plan is to post a group of cards every month starting in August, and ending in May.  I tried to group the cards as seasonally-appropriate as I could.

The card pack contains 72 double-sided cards:  (52) 3" x 4" cards (2 each of 26 designs), and (20) 4" x 6" cards (2 each of 10 designs).  For this first batch, I chose 4 designs, and I used both cards for each design = 8 cards used total.

Let's get this show on the road - these are the cards that I made for August.  Keep scrolling for close-ups of each, along with supplies.

These are the cards that I chose to use for this month.  Hopefully this picture will enlarge if you click it.  I'm showing both sides of the card, and I ended up using BOTH of each card. 


Now for close-ups.  All the cards use the same base materials:

Ink & Paper:  Berry Burst, Crushed Curry, Dapper Denim, Old Olive, Whisper White, Basic Black, Color Theory Memories & More Card pack

 The flower centers are Glitter Enamel Dots.  Love them!

Additionally, this card used:  Soft Sayings Card Kit stamps and the Garden in Bloom stamp set, Tea Lace Doily, 2 1/2" circle punch, Rhinestone Jewels, retired Old Olive scalloped ribbon, stapler, Stampin' Dimensionals (regular and mini)

BLACK Rhinestones from the Holiday catalog on this one!

Additionally, this card used:  Dragonfly Dreams stamps and framelits, Big Shot, Hexagon embossing folder, Stampin Dimensionals

This 4 1/4" square card also used:  High Tide stamp set, Big Shot, Seaside embossing folder, Linen Thread, 2 1/4" circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Soft Suede & Crumb Cake inks.


I used the NEW Leaf punch from the Holiday catalog to make these candle flames. I hand-cut the banner edges.

Additionally, this card used: Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set, retired Dapper Denim ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals.

This card is pretty clean and simple.  Embossed background, and glittery balloon.

Additionally, this card used:  Birthday Blossoms stamp set, Big Shot, Polka Dot Basics embossing folder, NEW Label punch from Holiday catalog, Balloon Bouquet punch, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Clear Wink of Stella pen (colored all over the Berry Burst balloon), Stampin' Dimensionals

I hope you enjoyed the cards that I created using the Memories & More card pack.  I look forward to sharing more ideas with you next month.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment