Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Snow Much Fun CD Holder

My friend asked me today if I had any ideas for a cd holder - to give as a gift, to put a CD of pictures inside it.  Well, I had an idea immediately but changed it up a little by the time I got home.

The finished size is 5 3/4" square.  The flap on the inside was 5 3/4" x 5".  After I attached it, I whacked off the corner, enough so you could see the CD poking out.  The CD really sits further down into the pocket.  I just had it poked up a little so you could really see.

To make this - cut a piece of cardstock 5 3/4" x 12".  Score at 5 3/4" and 11 1/2".  Cut another piece (I used the same color here), 5 3/4" x 5".  Attach that second piece to the 1/2" flap that's hanging at the end.  USE STICKY STRIP.  Fold it over, cut it off at a diagonal and attach the bottom of the flap down with Sticky Strip.  Voila!  You have a pocket that fits a CD!

Stamps:  Snow Much Fun, Warmest of Wishes

Cardstock:  Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Ski Slope dsps (retired)

Ink:  Baja Breeze, Black

Other:  Baja Breeze/Bashful Blue/Pumpkin Pie/Basic Grey markers, 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Baja Breeze striped grosgrain (retired), Sticky Strip

1 comment:

  1. This is such a helpful and clever post. Thank you for sharing!! I am off to make one.

    ReplyDelete