Saturday, February 19, 2011

Birthday Card Folios

I had some extra cards after class today, so I put together groups of 4 cards and envelopes, and made 3 card folios to put them in.  I love these things!  I made the one Melon Mambo/Cupcake theme, and two in the Peach Parfait/Fifth Avenue Floral theme.

Both use the Scallop Square Clear die, which I then ran through the Big Shot with the Dots embossing folder.  The dots don't show up in the picture of the Peach one, but they're there.

Stamps:  Got Treats, Fifth Avenue Floral

Cardstock:  Melon Mambo, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Peach Parfait, Basic Black, Vanilla, 1st Edition designer series papers

Ink:  Black, Peach Parfait (only used to watercolor the rose)

Other:  Melon Mambo & Early Espresso markers, Square Scallop punch, Clear Square Scallop die, Dots embossing folder, Big Shot, Crop-o-dile, Antique Brass Jumbo eyelets, Melon Mambo polka dot grosgrain ribbon, Basic Black wide grosgrain ribbon, Sticky Strip, Aqua Painter,

**UPDATE 2/21**  I had some questions, so I'll give you answers -

1.  What size cardstock did you use?  The folios are made from one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock.  Score in half at 5 1/2", then up at 2 1/4" to make the flap to put the cards in.

2.  What's inside?  The birthday cards that I posted just prior to this posting.

3 comments:

  1. Now you know I want to see what's inside.

    Beautiful Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I agree...I want to see what's inside!! And did you use a 12x12 sheet to make the holder?

    ReplyDelete