Monday, September 20, 2010

Top Note Christmas Box


I am in love with making boxes using the Top Note die as a front and back!  This was my first attempt, and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

A side view picture is below, but the basic concept is - make a box, then cut out some pieces with the Top Note die to attach to the front and back of the box, like a sandwich.  I ran some designer paper through first, but that's too flimsy - so I added a layer of Crumb Cake (another trip through with the die) to double up the front and back pieces.

To figure out the box size, I measured the Top Note die.  I wanted a box that was 4" wide by 3" tall...so I figured it out from there.

 For the box, I cut a piece of cardstock 6" x 7 1/2".  Hold the cardstock Portrait-style.... score in from left and right sides at 1".  Then score in from bottom and top ends each at 3". 
Stamps:  Peaceful Season, Perfect Punches

Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Deck the Halls designer series papers

Ink:  Cherry Cobbler (I love the richness of this new color!)

Other:  Both sizes Scallop Circle punches, 1/16" hole punch, Gold mini brads, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot, Top Note die

No comments:

Post a Comment