Friday, February 26, 2010

Bloggers Challenge - Boxes and Bags!

I love boxes and bags!!!  I just got this fabulous purse idea from my friend Emily A.  Thanks Emily!  Start out with a 4" square box, score in 2 of the sides so they fold in nicely.  Make a topper to keep it shut, and a ribbon handle.  I attached the square topper onto the back of the box with Sticky Strip, so it's not going anywhere.  Front closes with a little piece of velcro.  I was feeling quite lazy just now, so I hand cut the circles around my scalloped shamrock guy.

Stamps:  St. Patty's Day (TAC)

Cardstock:  Certainly Celery, Glorious Green, Whisper White

Ink:  Black, Glorious Green

Other:  Celery/Glorious markers, Gold Zig painty pen, Scallop Circle punch, velcro, Certainly Celery twill ribbon

Here's a picture of the box before I put the top flap on.

12 comments:

  1. That is SO cute, Toni! I love your box...thanks for the instructions, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Toni - looks like a snap to make the base too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun idea- I love ST Patty's Day ideas! I love the set up of this box!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun, fun, FUN idea! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool box/bag Toni! Can't believe St. Patty's day is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This definitely looks harder to make than it was from your directions. Thanks for sharing -- you hand cut the circles? You are good, woman! It's way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Thanks for sharing the directions Toni! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute purse - TFS the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Fun way to give some St. Patrick's Day treats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great little purse...I haven't seen it before, so TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the little dude on the front! What a happy little shamrock! :)

    ReplyDelete