Friday, November 20, 2009

Bloggers Challenge - Giving Thanks

I'm back!  Haven't had time to play for a few weeks with life getting in my way, but I'm back!   I also had a fun weekend in Minnesota last weekend, stamping with my friends out there.  We all brought home quite a haul of stamped items, so I'll be posting them as I have time.

This one was an experiment with the Autumn rub-ons.  What are you supposed to do with WHITE rub-ons for the FALL???  Didn't make sense to me.  So I put on my thinking cap, grabbed a sponge dauber and added some ink.  I think it might have faded, because it was definitely darker when I made it...or else I had too many cocktails by then.  I think I'll try it with the Stampin' Pastels next.  You can tell that the ink got sponged on the cardstock too, and I'm not wild about that.

Stamps:  Autumn Splendor

Cardstock:  Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Autumn Meadows designer series papers

Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Really Rust

Other:  Autumn rub-ons, Chocolate Chip grosgrain, sponge dauber

10 comments:

  1. Toni, this card is beautiful just as it is! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! Love the monochromatic look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! The boldness of the patterned paper works perfectly with that gorgeous leaf. Love how you altered the color of the rub ons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fall card! Love the bold houndstooth against the more delicate leaf image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! Great idea to ink up the rub-ons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great. I like the richness of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toni, what a handsome card! The DSP and leaf are an great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lovely card...love the way you made the brown color so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done Toni! What an elegant card! :D

    ReplyDelete