Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bloggers Challenge - Christmas in July

This week's challenge was "Christmas in July", so I pulled out an old Simply Scrappin' Kit and made this box. My friend, Sue, gave me the idea and here are instructions...

Cut 12x12 cardstock down to 10"x12". Score at 2" and 8" on the 10" side (cardstock is situated as 'portrait'). Score at 5" and 7" on the 12 side (cardstock is situated as 'landscape'). Cut the two shortest score marks up to the line, and fold your box to assemble. I used Sticky Strip to attach it all together.

Top flap is 6x6. Score at 1" and then 3". Tape the 1" flap to the back of the box. I layered designer papers on white cardstock for the top flap, so it wouldn't be so plain, but would still remain sturdy. Kept it closed with a little piece of velcro.

NO STAMPING on this project!!! Can you believe it? Turned it out in like 5 minutes....and most of that was tying that bow.

9 comments: