Friday, June 20, 2008

Bloggers Challenge - Masculine cards!

I know masculine cards are a challenge for some people, so I hope this week's "challenge" is helpful to you! I actually have two cards for this week. One is a swap card that I made using a cowboy set, and the other is the card that I made for my dad on Father's Day.

Stamps: Bronc Buster, One of a Kind

Cardstock: Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, Western Sky Designer series paper

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky

Other: Key Tag punch, Chocolate Chip Polytwill ribbon, Silver mini brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, sponge dauber




This one was for my dad on Father's Day. I used some neat stamps that I got from Close To My Heart, along with some designer papers. I'm irritated that my glue pen shows through the vellum. I later went back and ran the corner of a scrap of cardstock under the vellum, to lift it off the glue...can't see it anymore.

Stamps: Typewriter Alphabet, Library Cards, Postage-something(can't remember the name of it), all from CTMH.

Cardstock: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Naturals Ivory, Chocolate Chip, retired designer papers (striped vellum)

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel

Other: Creamy Caramel eyelets, 3/4" circle punch, bone folder, sponge dauber

12 comments:

  1. These both are such great cards Toni. Each one is so unique but you really captured the masculine feel with both of them...great job on this challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards in one challenge...how creative and manly they both are! Great job Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fabulous! Hope to see you at GASC tomorrow GF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Toni! These are both fabulous masculine cards! Terrific job with this challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine cards, Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Toni, both are incredible examples of "manly" cards. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are just right for a manly challenge! The colors are perfect and love the layout on both...similiar layouts but different looks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of these...that cow boy just pops on that color CS and the bottom one is so original looking! I love the office look of it! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are terrific. Very manly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! These are both amazing! I know you like the horse images, and that card is wonderful, but my favorite is the 2nd one. GREAT job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, both of these cards are wonderful. Great job this on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both fabulous! Love the look of vintage on the brown one. TFS!

    ReplyDelete