Monday, September 20, 2010

Halloween Top Note box

I made some improvements on my next Top Note box...I decided to still double layer the Top Note pieces on the front and back, but I attached the ribbon handles with Glimmer brads on one piece first, then backed with another Top Note (to cover up the split open back side of the brads!).

I also ran the front and back pieces through the Big Shot with the new Spider Web embossing folder. 

Here's a side view shot - you can see that I made the box and the inside Top Note sides with Rich Razzleberry.  It looks great with the ribbon and with the black fronts.

Still the same size box as my first Holiday one - that's the next post down, so check it out if you want measurements for the box itself.

See how the ribbon is sandwiched between the two Top Note layers...so you can't see the back side of the brad?  I like that much better.

I'm somewhat disappointed that the Black Glimmer Brads aren't showing up so well in the picture.  They really are very cool!

I also swiped my punched out bats with the black ink pad to give them interest.  Finished it up with some bling on the witch's shoes.

Stamps:  Wicked Cool

Cardstock:  Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Grey, Whisper White

Ink:  Black, Rich Razzleberry

Other:  Small/Large/Scalloped Oval punches, 1 3/4" Circle punch, 2 3/8" Scalloped punch, Bat punch, Big Shot, Top Note die, Spider Web embossing folder, Sticky Strip,  Rhinestone Accents, Stampin' Dimensionals, Rich Razzleberry marker, Basic Glimmer Brads, Rich Razzleberry Taffeta ribbon, 1/16" hole punch

2 comments:

  1. Very cute Toni. I have a few customers making the 75 mile drive to my new house this Saturday and I want to make them one of these so they can see what else they can do with their top note dies and hopefully sell some brads & that spider web embossing folder. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely darling idea...and a fun gift for anyone! TFS...

    ReplyDelete