Thursday, December 14, 2017

25 Days of Christmas 2017 - Day 14


Happy Thursday Crafty People!  For Day 14 of my 25 Days of Christmas 2017 ideas, I'm sharing a quick little gift idea to put in stockings, or give to a group of kids.

 
I found a pack of 12 pencils at Walmart for .98.  Seriously!  Not even a dollar.  They had various patterns, but I went with these, thinking I could match them to some current colors.  I was right - I love when that happens.  Real Red and Tranquil Tide...love it!


I put 6 pencils in a 2" x 8" cello bag.  It's a tight fit, and there isn't a whole lot of room left at the top.  I couldn't even staple it shut.


So that made me think of a topper with an extra fold, to accommodate the height of the pencils.  I used a piece of Tranquil Tide, 2 1/4" wide (since the bag is 2" wide) x 3 1/4" tall.  Then score it along the long side at 1 1/2", and 1 3/4".  That builds in a 1/4", so nothing buckles or pinches.


I just used the Tombow liquid glue to glue this topper to both sides of the bag with the pencils in place.  You just have to hold it down with your hands for a minute or two, for the glue to set.  This was much easier than dealing with Sticky Strip, for such a quick project - especially when you know it doesn't have to permanent.  These things will get ripped open immediately.


I finished off the topper with some stamping, a punch, hand-cut a tree, and added some rhinestones for bling.  I did color inside the tree with the Wink of Stella Clear pen, but it's just not showing.  Have I said before - I'm not that great of a photographer?  It's true, I'm not.


I hope you enjoyed this idea.  I was happy to see these in the store and have a light-bulb moment.  :)

Thanks for checking out Day 14 of my 25 Days of Christmas 2017 challenge!

Happy stamping,

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you.


1 comment: