Monday, December 11, 2017

25 Days of Christmas 2017 - Day 11


Happy Monday....argh!  Only a couple of more Mondays left in the year.  We'll make it.  I'm on Day 11 of my 25 Days of Christmas 2017 ideas challenge, and today I've got a Christmas Card that pops!  The focal point is a wreath made using the Painted Harvest stamp set, and a non-traditional shade of green for Christmas.  Lemon Lime Twist!  It's one of my current favorite colors.


I used ONLY Lemon Lime Twist for the wreath.  I've seen it made with different color combos, but I wasn't really feeling it.  This is a 2-step stamp set, so you stamp the larger, more solid image first.  I actually stamped that TWICE.  I inked up and stamped it like normal.  Then I inked up again, turned the stamp 180 degrees and stamped again.  That gives the base a fuller look.

I stamped the top flower layer with Lemon Lime Twist ink also.  It still shows the dimension of the flower.  I added some Real Red berries.  The wreath image is mounted on the largest square from the Stitched Shapes thinlits.  You can see that in the close-up picture below.

Also notice how I double-stamped the words to give them a shadow effect.  I first stamped in Basic Black Archival (let that dry for a few minutes).  Then I stamped again with Lemon Lime Twist.  You can tell that I really didn't get as close as I wanted to with the Lemon Lime ink...but it's good enough for a person.  :)  When I'm looking at this card without my glasses, it looks exactly as I intended - black with a green shadow.


I finished it off with a bow tied out of the Tinsel trim.

I hope you enjoyed today's card!

Stampin' Up supplies you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Painted Harvest, Merry Pattern (for the greeting)
Ink:  Basic Black Archival, Lemon Lime Twist, Real Red
Paper:  Basic Black, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White, Merry Musical specialty designer series paper
Other:  Big Shot, Stitched Shapes thinlits, Mini Tinsel Trim combo pack, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for checking out Day 11 of my 25 Days of Christmas 2017 challenge.  I'm almost half-way there!

Happy stamping,

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment