Sunday, October 8, 2017

Country Livin - cards for backgrounds


I continued to work with the DIY card kit that I found the other night.  The cards themselves were terrible quality, but they totally worked as background papers so I cut them up!


I also did a lot of coloring on these cards.  I broke out some retired colors to match these papers.  Bashful Blue for the truck above, and Riding Hood Red for the boots and guitar below.


You could use any greetings, but I continued to use some retired favorites, because they were handy and I like the fonts.

As far as coloring goes, I used markers directly for the truck, which was on Whisper White card stock.  Then I used watercolor pencils and a blender pen on the boots and guitar, which were stamped on Shimmery White card stock.  The Shimmery White is a little sturdier when you are using an aqua painter or blender pen.

Stampin' Up supplies that you'll need to create these:

Stamps:  Country Livin', Crazy About You (retired), Tin of Cards (retired)
Ink:  Basic Black Archival, Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red (retired), Shimmery White
Other:  Big Shot, Stitched Shapes framelits, Layering Circles framelits, Banner Triple punch, Metallic Enamel Shapes, Chocolate Chip ribbon (retired), Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Tombow Liquid Glue.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment