Sunday, September 17, 2017

Happy Birthday Sis!

Happy birthday to my sister this week too!  I made this card using some retired papers, along with the hot new set, Painted Harvest.  The flowers don't exactly match, but I liked the colors anyway.


It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but the card base is Smoky Slate - it went with the gift bag that I made, so that was how I ended up with this.  Soft Sky later is embossed with the Layered Leaves embossing folder.

Scallop and Stitched Circles are the largest size dies from both of those framelit sets.

For the flowers, I stamped the flower base layer twice.  Reinked it both times, so it was full-strength ink on top of full-strength ink.  Then I hit it again with the top flower layer, again in Soft Sky ink full-strength.  The flower centers are Tuxedo Black, stamped off once.  You can see that I didn't do a great job of stamping off for the bottom right flower. 

Otherwise, I like the colors and how it turned out.  I added some Iced Rhinestones that I have left over from last year's Holiday catalog.  They're so sparkly!

I probably should have used Smoky Slate for the scallop layer around the large stitched circle die...live and learn, right?  I think she liked it anyway.

Stampin' Up supplies that you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  Painted Harvest, Tin of Cards (retired)
Ink:  Soft Sky, Tip Top Taupe (retired), Old Olive, Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Soft Sky, Succulent Garden designer series paper (retired)
Other:  Big Shot, Stitched Shapes framelits, Layering Circles framelits, Iced Rhinestones (retired), Stampin' Dimensionals

 Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment