Sunday, September 17, 2017

Color Theory Memories & More - September cards

Remember last month I started a year-long effort to make cards using the Color Theory Memories & More card pack?  My goal is to use a hand full of the printed cards each month, to make other things.  Right now, I'm still focused on making other cards.  I may get ambitious next month and try some tags or *GASP* a scrapbook page.  :)

The card pack contains 72 double-sided cards:  (52) 3" x 4" cards (2 each of 26 designs), and (20) 4" x 6" cards (2 each of 10 designs). 

These are the cards that I made for my September batch.  Keep scrolling for close-ups of each, along with supplies.


For the September batch, these are the Color Theory Memories & More cards that I used.  I chose 4 designs, and I used both cards for each design = 8 cards used total.


I was going for a Fall and Halloween theme this month.  I used several stamps and products from the Holiday catalog, mixed in with things found in the Annual catalog.


This Halloween card used:  the Spooky Cat bundle (stamps and punch), Black Shimmer ribbon, Black Rhinestones, and the Petal Burst embossing folder.  Colors are Old Olive and Basic Black.


I love this little guy!  I know yellow isn't a terribly Halloween-y color, but it fit.  I also cut the branch out using the Seasonal Layers thinlits.  Embossed the tone-on-tone background with the Layered Leaves folder.  I hand-cut the owl.

This OWLoween card used:  Spooky Cat stamp, Seasonal Layers thinlits, Layered Leaves embossing folder, Black rhinestones, 2 1/4" circle punch.  Colors are Crushed Curry and Basic Black.


This card was actually the first one that I made in this batch.  I wanted a non-Halloween cat, so I just used the cat punch.  I kept a "fall-y" feel with the Woodland embossing folder, and some Copper trim.

This card used:  One Big Meaning stamps, Cat punch, Copper trim, and the Woodland embossing folder.  Colors are Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip.


With this card, I was feeling the COPPER.  I added some more Copper Trim, and did some embossing with Copper powder.  The leaf-print card is actually stuck right on top of one of the bigger cards, to cover up the grid pattern that I didn't care for.

This card used:  One Big Meaning stamps, Copper Trim, Copper embossing powder.  Colors are Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, and Old Olive.


I saved the best for last!  This is my favorite - and I'm sure you can guess why.  LEAVES, LEAVES, LEAVES.  And Fall colors.  I embossed the tone-on-tone background with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder, and added some die cut leaves.  The big yellow leaf was stamped on one of the Memories & More cards, and cut out.  The rest of the leaves were just stamped on cardstock, and cut.

This card used:  Vintage Leaves stamps, the Leaflets framelits, Pinewood Planks embossing folder, 5/8" Burlap ribbon, and plenty of glue. Colors are Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Crushed Curry.

I hope you enjoyed these Halloween and Fall cards that I created using the Memories & More card pack.  We'll see what creative ideas October brings!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment