Thursday, July 27, 2017

CASE the catalog - So Many Shells


I copied this card, as best as I could, from page 39 of the Annual catalog.  Easy enough, but so much more to it than I first picked this card to copy! 

Wood Textures designer series paper and Vellum card stock are both cut 3" x 4 1/4".  The vellum is embossed, and then attached cock-eyed with glue dots.  The glue dots are conveniently located underneath sequins and some of the shells. 

Linen Thread is wrapped around those layered pieces, and tied in a bow.  I wrapped it 3 times before I tied it off.  Attached to the front of my Whisper White Thick card base with Fast Fuse for a sturdy hold.

Shells are stamped and hand-cut. I attached most of them with liquid glue.  Only the Peekaboo Peach shell is popped up with a dimensional.

The greeting piece does not have the fancy corners like the catalog sample, because I could not figure out what they used to get the corners like that.  The Ticket Corner punch retired years ago, and I couldn't find any Framelits that worked...so I left them.

It also took me a while to find a current stamp set in my collection that had something for the "sprinkles" on the card base.  I finally found something appropriate in the Swirly Bird stamp set.  I used Crumb Cake ink, but stamped off one time to make it lighter.

Added Iridescent Sequins at the very end with liquid glue.

Stampin' Up supplies that you'll need to create this:

Stamps:  So Many Shells, Swirly Bird
Ink:  Peekaboo Peach, Blushing Bride, Soft Sky
Paper:  Whisper White Thick, vellum card stock, Wood Textures designer series paper
Other:  Big Shot, Pinewood Planks embossing folder, Linen Thread, Iridescent Sequins, Tombow Liquid Glue, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Order your supplies from my on-line store here, 24/7.  Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment