Monday, February 9, 2015

Creative Blog Hop - Valentine's Inchy Art

I’m so happy to post today! I was asked by friend Marilyn San Clemente at Stamp with Marilyn to participate in this Creative Blog Hop. It’s a one time post and we can post any project that we would like and then answer some questions below.  I'm happy to share one of my recent projects with you - it's my Valentine Inchy Art, framable art piece.

The insert is 8 1/2" x 8 1/2", because that is the size frame that I found at Walmart last year.  This has actually been a series of classes that I've had starting last fall with Halloween and Fall, then we did Christmas and Winter.  Next up is St. Patrick's Day, which I'll post next week.

I used a variety of punches, dies, and stamps, but stuck with current papers.  I never would have put Crisp Cantaloupe and Real Red together, but it came right from the Stacked with Love Designer Series paper stack and they are gorgeous together!

Each square base is 2" x 2".  Then the designer pieces are all 1 7/8" square.  Then you just add stamped images, punches, embosslits, framelits - whatever you have to fill up your squares.  You'll need 9 of them.

On to the hard part...the QUESTIONS about my creative process.  These are tough.

1.  What are you working on now?

Right now, I'm thinking ahead to my class for next month, which is Spring and Summer Inchy Art inserts.  I usually start with whatever designer papers are in the catalog, and think up what images I could put with them for the finished piece.  I do like to work about a month ahead, but let me be honest, I may plan it all out but I'm always cutting paper at the last minute. 

I've also been doing quite a bit of crocheting lately.  I picked it up again last year, after a loooooong hiatus.  I really miss it.  I've been making a bunch of scarves and cowls, and really enjoying it again.

2.  How does your work differ from others in your genre?

I'm not really sure what genre I'm in, so I don't know to answer this one.  Some days, I'm in the mood for Clean and Simple.  Other days, I'm in the mood to use as much designer paper as I can.  Other days, I'm inclined to make boxes.  I guess overall, I would say that I'm not much into fussy stuff.  If it's really involved, or has like 10 steps to make one card, I'm probably not interested in doing all that.  10 minutes or less for a card is more my speed.  :)
3.  Why do you create what you do?

Because it's AWESOME to create, and to teach others how to make cool stuff!  I've always been crafty.  Mostly self-taught when I was in my late teens/early 20's.  If there was a kit for it at the craft store, I bought it and figured it out.  I just love creating.  We all know that feeling we get when we make something ourselves.  Sometimes it doesn't turn out quite like it was in my head, and that's okay too.  
4.  How does your creativity work?

Usually it comes in fits and spurts.  When I'm thinking about a stamp set that I want to use, I'll try to think of at least 5 different ways that I can use it.  Other times, I see something at the craft store, or on Pinterest, or just in a magazine and that sparks an idea for something else.  There's no controlling it.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Next Monday, check out my friend Kim's blog at Basement Stamper, and Nancy's blog at imastamping!

Happy Stamping!

Toni


No comments:

Post a Comment