Monday, March 3, 2014

Too Kind - Palm Trees!


I saw this idea on Pinterest, I think.  Recognize the stamps?  It's Too Kind!  Using the overlay image, turned upside down, to make palm trees.  Pretty cool!

These are Cruise tags.  Bigger than luggage tags, and perfect for identifying your bag.  My friend went on a cruise with her family last week, so I made these up for the girls.

I used Glossy cardstock, which unfortunately is retired, but it's perfect for this technique.  Use a sponge dauber to smear ink across the glossy cardstock, to give you the color layers.  I just started at the bottom with Not Quite Navy, and worked my way up.

Stamp the palm trees and initials in black, and add some ribbon to your finished tags!

Supplies you'll need to make this:

Stamps:  Too Kind (130447 W/130450 C), Morning Post alphabet (132042 W/126592C)
Ink:  Not Quite Navy (retired - use any blue you want, really), Daffodil Delight (126944), Pumpkin Pie (126945), Real Red (126949), Memento Tuxedo Black (coming soon!)
Paper: Glossy (retired), Basic Black (121045)
Other: Cruise Tags (found on Amazon), Pumpkin Pie 1/8" Taffeta ribbon (119253), Real Red 1/8" Taffeta ribbon (119251)

Order your supplies on-line here!

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment