I googled for different ways to make these hats, and came up with my own version. I wanted the base to be sturdy, so I made a sandwich with cardstock on both sides of a piece of the white cardboard that comes in the designer series paper packs. We used Sticky Sheets to attach all of that, but you could use a glue stick.
My hat base has Summer Starfruit on top, and Rich Razzleberry on the bottom, just to mix it up. You could make them both the same color, if you wanted.
- Make your sandwich, run it through the Big Shot with the Scallop die first.
- Then run your cut out scallop through the Big Shot again, with the Dots embossing folder.
- Tape a strip (1/2") of designer paper around the bottom of the container. I used Sticky Strip.
- Add a 2 1/2" circle of matching papers to the top of the lid.
- Glue your brad container to the center of your scallop. I used Crystal Effects. Press it down, and hold in place for a few minutes until it sets up.
- Glue on some flowers and a bow. I used Crystal Effects as my "glue", and it's great. It dries fast enough, and it dries clear.
Paper: Summer Starfruit, Rich Razzleberry, Sycamore Street designer series papers
Other: Big Shot, Scallop die, Dots embossing folder, Very Vanilla ribbon roses, Rich Razzleberry reinker, Summer Starfuit stitched satin ribbon, 2 1/2" circle punch, empty brad container