Friday, May 18, 2012

Bloggers Challenge - For the Graduate!

I was excited about this week's Bloggers Challenge - For the Graduate!  I've had this set for a few months, and have been wanting to make something.  I did a card, and a smaller card...like for a gift enclosure.  I think a gift card will fit in it too though.  It's a 1/4 sheet of cardstock, folded in half.

Went to my stash of retired cardstock colors for Glorious Green - my high school colors.  Go Wildcats!!!  :)  I think I'll hold onto these, because my friend's kids graduate next year from the same high school.  Sweet!

I embossed the hat and cut it out.  Popped it up on top of the scallop punched out.  Embossed the green words too.

Stamps:  con-GRAD-ulations (Amuse)

Cardstock:  Glorious Green, Basic Black, Whisper White

Ink:  Glorious Green, Basic Black, Glorious Green Craft

Other:  Iridescent Ice embossing powder, heat gun, 1 3/8" circle punch, Scallop punch, Kelly green narrow organdy ribbon (I've been hoarding that for a reason - it's a perfect match for the Glorious Green!)

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Awesome Grad card Toni! I love your school colors!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Tammy x

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific graduation cards, Toni! I used green too! It's for one of the local universities in the area! Have a wonderful weekend! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

Perfect card and gift enclosure for graduation! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card and gift card holder. I'm sure it will be a goo one to hang out to for your friend's kids!