Thursday, March 8, 2012

Electric Guitar - out of punches!

I wanted to make a birthday card for a friend of mine, with a guitar (he's in a rock band)...of course, I don't have any guitar stamps, so I had to google for some ideas on how to make one.  Rachel Capps has the PERFECT idea - and she made a tutorial.  Check out her original posting here - scroll down to the guitar, and her wonderful tutorial.  Thanks Rachel!

Of course, I had to make a matching envelope.  Then I dolled up the envelope with his initial.

I die cut the letter out of retired silver shiny cardstock, but it was too boring - so I covered it completely with silver stickles that I had from a Christmas pack.  I just hope it dries by tomorrow!

Stamps:  Perfect Words, Teeny Tiny Wishes, random star from a little alphabet set

Cardstock:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Night & Day designer series papers (retired), Silver Glitter paper

Ink:  Black, Silver Encore

Other:  Big Shot, Perfect Pennants die, Alphabet Simple Letters dies, Silver narrow organdy ribbon , corner rounder, PUNCHES ( 1 3/4" circle, Curly Label, 1 3/8" circle, Large Star), Vintage brads, stretchy silver cord, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment