Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Trent!

Happy Birthday Trent!  I made this birthday cake card, and gift box to hold a gift card for him.  Also used some gorgeous orange twill ribbon that some of my girls got me from a ribbon outlet here in Maryland.  Thanks girls!!!  It's perfect!

The box is a pizza box.  Check out the tutorial here to see how to make one....then just change up the measurements.  For this one, I cut a piece of cardstock 6 1/2" x 9".  Score the short sides (portrait) in 1" from each side.  Then score the long side (landscape) at 1", 4", 5", 8".  It's perfect for a gift card, plus room if you wanted to actually wrap it in tissue paper.  I didn't bother.  He's 11...he doesn't care about tissue paper!

Stamps:  Up, Up & Away; Curly Cute

Cardstock:  Blue Bayou (retired), Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, some retired dsp that I can't remember the name of.

Ink:  Pumpkin Pie

Other:  Orange twill ribbon, 1 1/4"/ 1 3/8"/ Scallop circle punches, Stampin' Dimensionals, 3/4" punch for notch on the top part (so it's easier to open), Corner rounder, Basic Rhinestones.

Here's a picture of the side of the box - you can see the notch.

1 comment: