Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Kristal!

Whew!  I had a LOT of birthdays this weekend.  Today is actually my BFF's 30th birthday!  Happy birthday to you....happy birthday to you....all that good stuff.  Love you KB!  Unlike my usual style of cards, which are not that involved, I actually spent over an hour making this card.  I really did feel like it was a masterpiece after that.  Then when it was all finished, I realized it was so bulky it wouldn't fit in an envelope, so I had to make a box to put it in.

It's a full-size easel card, with half-pearls on the base to stand it up.

Stamps:  uh....no stamping?  Really?  Hhhmmm.

Cardstock:  Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Paisley Petals dsp

Other:  Big Shot, Finial Press embossing folder, Simple Numbers dies, half-back pearls (from retired Pretties Kit), 5/8" Whisper White Satin Ribbon (to make the ruffle), Sticky Strip, Mini Glue Dots, Oval cutting system
Here's a picture of it standing up, followed by the box that I made to put the card in.  It's just a pizza box with Whisper White satin ribbon tied around.  She can re-use the box later as a gift box.

1 comment:

  1. It IS a masterpiece! That paper is beautiful. She'll love it...lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete